The DegreeWorks degree audit is available for students beginning with the Class of 2016 (Catalog year 2012).  To access DegreeWorks, students and/or advisers should log into their Banner Self Service account, click on the Student Services tab, and then click on the Student Records link where the DegreeWorks link will be available.  Advisers will find the DegreeWorks link under the Advisers Menu.  Students in classes prior to 2016 should see their advisor for degree information.

DegreeWorks Help Pages

Audit/Worksheet Help Guide

GPA Calculator Help Guide

Notes Help Guide

DegreeWorks FAQ

What is a DegreeWorks degree audit?

A DegreeWorks degree audit is a review of past, current and planned coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding catalog requirements necessary to complete a degree/major/minor, including units needed to graduate and GPA information. The audit is divided into block requirements such as Degree, Common Course of Study (CCS) and Major Requirements. Each block works like a checklist that has boxes that are automatically checked when a requirement is met. Check the audit legend for more information.

Who can use/access DegreeWorks?

As of March 1, 2013, the DegreeWorks degree audit is available to students in the Class of 2016 and later. Advisors, faculty, and selected staff will also have access for the purpose of supporting your progress through your academic career.

Is my information confidential?

Yes. Like other processes you use through Banner Self Service, DegreeWorks is accessed through your secure login. Remember that your advisor, faculty, and authorized staff will be able to view the information contained in DegreeWorks.

How do I know what classes I need to take?

Your audit will outline courses needed to meet degree, major, minor, and/or area of emphasis requirements within each specific block. You may then use this information to discuss your plan with your academic advisor.

Can I register for classes in DegreeWorks?

No. Registration including prerequisite checks will continue to be handled through the Banner Self Service links for Registration.

How current will my information be in DegreeWorks?

The information in DegreeWorks is refreshed each night. Any changes made today (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) will be seen in DegreeWorks tomorrow.

I think my audit is incorrect. What should I do?

Please ask your advisor for assistance. The first step is to clarify what information you believe is wrong. These are the most common problems and courses of action:

  • My major is wrong on my audit.

If you have not officially changed your major, you will need to petition for the change to occur. If you believe you have already officially changed your major check with the Registrar or Dean of the College Office.

  • The requirements for my major are wrong.

Look at the catalog term that appears on the major requirements block of the audit. According to our records this is the catalog (entry year for your class) that you are using to complete your major requirements. If you believe you should be using older or newer requirements, contact your department head and the Registrar’s Office.

  • My transfer courses don’t appear in the right place.

If you are concerned about a transfer course that should be applying in the audit, contact your department head and the Registrar’s Office.

  • Classes are not applying in the “right” place.

DegreeWorks uses a ‘best fit’ approach for meeting requirements so classes may apply to different sections as you take more courses. If you have further questions, please contact your advisor or the Registrar’s Office.

  • My advisor or department head gave me permission to substitute a course, but it’s not showing on my audit.

Talk with your advisor/department head. A petition may be required before the substitution can be noted on your audit.

  • My minor is missing from my audit.

If you have not officially declared your minor, you must petition for the minor to appear on your audit. If you believe you have already petitioned to add the minor check with the Registrar’s Office.

  • My major requires me to complete a concentration, but it didn’t appear on the audit. What’s wrong?

The Registrar’s Office may not be aware of the concentration you are planning to complete. Have your advisor/department head contact the Registrar’s Office.

I’m pursuing two degrees (an AB and BS or BS and BS). Only one appears on the audit. How can I check the requirements for my other program of study?

Look at the degree information next to your name at the top of the screen. You’ll notice that the degree box has a drop-down arrow. Use this to select your second degree. Once you select on this, an audit with the additional degree and major will display.

I’m a double major, but only one appears on the audit.

Look at the header block on your audit. If only one major is listed, your records do not indicate that a second major has been declared. You should contact the Registrar’s Office.

I want to change my major. How can I see what would be required if I made this change?

You can use the “What if” option on the Audits tab to do an audit using criteria you select. Please be sure to select a Degree, Catalog term and Major. What-if audits do not guarantee that you will be able to major in the area you select. If you decide you’d like to change your major, contact your current advisor and the department head of the new major.

Can my advisor see my What If scenario?

Since What If scenarios are not stored on DegreeWorks, your advisor can only see your results if the two of you work through a What If procedure together. You can also save a pdf version or print a copy to show your advisor.

Who should I contact if I still have questions or disagree with the audit?

Please contact your academic advisor or the Registrar’s Office.

I have been cleared for graduation, but DegreeWorks says that I haven’t completed all my requirements. Does this mean that I won’t be able to graduate?

Not necessarily. This can be a timing issue such as posting of grades, removal of incompletes, posting of transfer credit, etc. for the current term. If you have followed through on any requirements you were told to complete, you should still be on track for graduation. Contact your advisor and the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible.

Can I save or print my audit?

Yes. Utilizing the ‘Save as PDF’ button, you can save or print a .pdf version of your audit.

How is my degree audit different from my transcript?

Your degree audit is a tool to provide you with academic information related to your degree progress. It displays courses required and completed in your degree program. Your transcript is your official academic record and provides a chronological list of courses completed and other academic information.

What does the Graduation Calculator show?

The Graduation Calculator option on the GPA Calc tab will show what average you will need in your remaining credits to graduate with your desired GPA. The cumulative GPA excludes credit not taken at Lafayette or an affiliated program as noted in the College Catalog.

What does the Term Calculator show?

The Term Calculator option on the GPA Calc tab will show an estimate of your cumulative GPA with the selected grades in your current term courses.

Are the calculated GPAs from the GPA Calc tab guaranteed?

No. This is an estimate only.

What is a FERPA restriction?

FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. More information about FERPA is located at Under the Act students can opt to restrict their educational records. To place or remove a restriction a student must contact the Registrar’s Office. FERPA restrictions do not apply to college personnel who need access to this information.